Saturday, September 26, 2009

11 Days

It's been about 11 days since I officially set out to alter my sleeping. I slept more than usual last night. I started out wanting to take an hour nap at 11 PM and then go back to working, but I was disturbed in my nap by the cat again (she seems to be hiding in my room about the time that I wish to nap and then popping out to annoy me once I lay down). This time, she knocked something over and broke it while trying to get me up. I didn't get to enjoy my nap, woke up angry, and didn't really feel like going back to sleep or doing anything productive. I played a game for a little while, then decided to take a long nap because my arms were sore from work I did on Friday. I slept for about 5 hours, didn't feel any less fatigued, so I took another brief nap shortly after waking. My hope was that it would be good to get some extra sleep, as I do believe it can have some effects on healing and mood. It didn't really help me with either today. I've felt depressed and like I don't want to sleep since then. I'm not any less sore or achy, although I didn't exactly make it better by sitting for most of the day. Once again, I wonder if less sleep is actually better for my mood. I'm going to try going for less sleep again tonight, and see how that leaves me feeling. I don't feel like I overslept last night, but I can't say that the extra sleep did anything for me, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment