Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 25: So close

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting closer and closer to being adapted. I'm measuring this by how sleepy I am when I wake up from naps. If this schedule works for me, and I'm adapted, I'm thinking that I shouldn't get extremely sleepy between naps. My goal is to be up at 4:00 and feel normal, not like I could lay down and go back to sleep. Right now, I'm still experiencing sleepiness about an hour or two after my core sleep, and I actually dozed off at that time this morning because I made the mistake of sitting in my bed rather than getting up to use the computer. Otherwise, things are looking really good.

I'm consistently waking up from my noon nap feeling decent, and I've been getting it on time mostly. I did have a set back in that I went to sleep late Saturday night, as I just didn't feel like sleeping. I slept about 2-5 that night. Sunday, I was feeling tired because of this, and I took an extra nap in the afternoon, sleeping for about 80 minutes. I woke up from this feeling really, really good. That made me feel like I was making real progress and that napping worked. I slept from midnight 'til 3 last night, and again woke up feeling good and alert. And then I had the set back with wanting to doze off in the morning. I can't say that I was really tired, it was just the time of day, again. That's the hardest thing for me to struggle with right now. I think if I can go several more days without letting my guard down and dozing in the morning, I might be adapted. Right now, I'm feeling decent, and I think I'll be better later in the day.

2 comments:

  1. They say it takes 21 days to adopt a habit. For this experiment, what's the longest you've gone sleeping strictly 3 90s?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot to update this blog to show that I changed my schedule. I'm sleeping a 3 hour core at night and then a 90 minute nap during the day now. I've been doing that for under a month (as I didn't start out this count doing that), with one week where that was interrupted for a few days. (I got messed up on the weekend and then tried to free-sleep the next few days to reset, but didn't feel like it was helping, so went back to the schedule by Wednesday night.) And I've added in an extra afternoon nap a few times. So I haven't had very many continuous days of sleeping the schedule yet.

    ReplyDelete